Friday 26 November 2010

Zines

Knowing nothing about zines myself I needed to research them in order to produce a DPS. I started with the internet using reputable sources I found out a lot of useful information. I also went to Manchester's Northern Quarter to find some zines in order to understand their purpose and content, I went to the book shop Magma where I found one zine, they had more zines in earlier during the week but all had been taken. The zine I found was called Artical and is produced by a team in Sheffield and distributes 4000 copies nationwide. In the zine I read many though provoking, entertaining and interesting articals; I felt the style of writing to be informal and honest which is very refreshing to the edited and monitored articals in popular magaines.

No comments:

Post a Comment