Friday 26 November 2010

Title: What are Zines?

I chose the title "What are zine?" as it is very obvious and to the point. Before creating my DPS I first felt it important to create an eye catching, artistic title. As zines are photocopied I wanted to give the title a photocopied effect, first I chose a font which looks similar to that of what is used in zines and draft printed it to get a texture, scanned it in and increased the black levels to restore contrast lost in printing.

Looking at it I thought the texture was too subtle and I didn't feel it was creative or reflective enough of zines.
I researched zines some more and it occurred to me that most people hand draw using fine liners.
I traced the text wit a fine liner and filled it in in a diagonal fashion.
I much prefer the second result and feel like it represents zines much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment